Every item you purchase has an impact.
Let's make sure it's a good one.
We offset our carbon emissions by purchasing credits from Gold Standard certified projects. GS VER credits are certified by The Gold Standard Foundation - a leading international certification standard for carbon mitigation projects founded by WWF and other NGOs to serve as the benchmark in carbon markets . This provides rigorous third party assurance of integrity. Issued GS credits are recorded and allocated on a global public registry.
We feel that the Gold Standard Foundation offers the greatest transparency, accountability and impact in the industry as all of their projects are required to feature:
1. The most stringent environmental and social safeguards
2. Local stakeholder consultation
3. Gender-sensitive project design
4. Multiple contributions to sustainable development
5. Higher environmental integrity due to the exclusion of project types with greater risks and negative impacts (e.g., fossil fuel switch or large hydropower projects that can threaten local wildlife)
6. Civil society endorsement from our NGO Supporter Network